cvalid : ATM4 waveform processing software
"cvalid" is used to take raw waveform data produced by the ATM4 series datasystems and produce "valid' type output for further processing. In order to be flexible, it uses an external configuration file (commonly called 'process.ini', but can be any filename) to set various parameters necessary for dealing with different kinds of data.
- Rob Russell [email: robbie.russell _at_ gmail dot com]
Basically, cvalid works like this:
It is called from the command line with the name of the configuration file. Additionally an option "--single" overrides the name of the data file specified in the configuration file (useful for scripting & processing several files in batch). The configuration file has several options. They allow cvalid to :
- Specify a file to be processed
- Set the output extension
- Select between normal 'valid' output and a special format that also contains embedded waveforms as well
- Select between normal waveform processing and external module processing. External module processing is explained in more elsewhere: this is the method by which cvalid can pass raw waveform data to external programs for analysis. For more info, please see the cvalid modules document.
- Set a system bias value to be applied to range calculations
- Flags that enable/disable: scanner azimuth calculation, INS usage and interpolation, endian type (note: this is not fully implemented, so stick to big endian), various text file data outputs
- Selectively output records in a specified range of scanner azimuth
- Select between two types of INS filtering
After setting up a configuration, cvalid will produce output that resembles the 12-word 'valid' format (unless the output type in the configuration is changed).
The class vobject does all of the real work; most of the other classes are simply support (linked list implementations and such). For an initial understanding of how it works, please look through the html documentation (or look at the vobject.h header file - but start with the html docs first).
Generated on Tue Nov 21 18:49:47 2006 for Cvalid by